Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Best and Worst of Thanksgiving



Best

  • having the day off
  • having the day off to see family and friends
  • having the day off to sit and eat good food
  • dressing up, or dressing down
  • mandatory family gatherings
  • mandatory giving of thanks
  • optional food baby

Worst


  • recipes gone wrong
  • you only get ONE day off to sit and eat good food with friends and family
  • impending Black Friday insanity
I know some stores were open today. That makes me sad. I wish everyone were able to take a day off to spend time with their loved ones. Like in Italy. Everything's closed on holidays. You can't even get toothpaste. But everyone survives. You can just brush your teeth tomorrow, no big deal.

Deal... deal? Black Friday deals? Please someone explain this day that cripples my soul. The day that has become the very embodiment of what is wrong with America.

For tonight, we can be content. I hope your belly is full as you read this. I hope you have somewhere warm to sleep tonight. I hope you had real people to hug and talk to today, and didn't spend the day on the Internet.


Get ready for my Black Friday post. It's coming.

TL;DR: Happy Thanksgiving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment