Wednesday, August 14, 2013

If I Could Buy You This Movie I Would

Hungry For Change is my new all-time favorite movie. (Pirates of the Caribbean will have to move to second place.)

If I could host a screening at each high school, college, workplace, neighborhood, senior living facility, I would.

If I could force every American to sit and watch this movie, I would.

If I could be a dictator for a day, I would order everyone to watch this movie.

Everything I have been learning (might I add, outside of school?) about health for my entire life (granted, I'm not very old, but it is something I thought I should point out) is pulled together in this movie. The best part is that my discovery of this movie (and my sister's recommendation) is coinciding with a time in my life when I am able to make all decisions for myself, and take responsibility for my own health. Sugar, self-love, advertisements, juicing, stress, the business of diets--this documentary is so strong and stable in its content, if I could implant it in your brain, I would.

It reveals both the problem, and the solution. It has a realistic, and a positive, perspective. It is based on history, science, economics, and best of all, common sense. It does not have a bitter, nor belligerent, nor violent attitude to the perpetrators of the ginormous problem our society has with health. If you watch this, you can change your life for the better. If you let it sink in, you can change your life for good. If you decide it is your new favorite movie, you can encourage others to watch it as well.

"This isn't some little frou-frou new-age notion... this is hardcore science."
"Where does my food come from? What went into the food in terms of attitude or care or love or compassion? What is my intention of doing with the food?"
"Your body is designed to be healthy. Health is the natural state!"
--Hungry for Change


TL;DR: Hungry for ChangeGo watch it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment