Sunday, July 21, 2013

Food: An Introduction

Here's a quick video about supermarkets that blew my mind.


So, other than the indignation I felt about this video, I can now maneuver supermarkets amazingly well!
"Hey, where's the milk?"
"Oh, it's way at the back. Also, the peaches will be on the far right, and the brown rice is on the bottom shelf." (I have now done this in supermarkets I've never been to before. It's scary.)

I have recently become passionate about food. And I think everyone should join me on this. Food is literally what you fuel yourself with. It's what is making everything run, so yes, it is important. Forget about calories and the latest diet fads. Educate yourself and decide what food belongs in your body.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone wants to change something about themselves, and they don't do one thing to move in that direction. It makes no sense!
"I don't like my haircut that I got 3 months ago. I want to look hip and trendy, but instead of going to a salon, I think I'll just watch America's Next Top Model."

WHY?! Just go do it! And the most common thing I hear people complain about is their weight.
To friend: "I really should lose 15 pounds." To café server: "Yes, I'll have the double chocolate chunk caramel macchiato please. The largest size."

How sad is it that this is barely an exaggeration of what I have heard before? In real life? As in people literally say one thing, and do another? OK, it's a common problem, but if something is important to you, then go do it! You want to be healthier? Put down the Cheetos and munch on a carrot instead. They're both orange, and if you're watching the telly, you probably won't notice the difference anyway.

So here's my advice for today (and every day): If you want to change something, do it now. Maybe it's not such a quick switch as it is from Cheetos to carrots, but if you just start moving in that direction, maybe you'll gain some momentum. If you have been waiting for a sign, this is it. This is me, being your sign. Because I said so.


That was all quite rant-ish. I suppose you can expect more rants, and this was just barely touching the subject of Food (yes, it deserves to be capitalized).


TL;DR: Move your bum and go do what you've been saying you want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment